4 Runner looking for honest repairman to keep me running smoothly

4 Runner looking for honest repairman to keep me running smoothly

Where to find auto repairmen who are trustworty-that is my quest.

Where to find auto repairmen who are trustworthy-that is my quest. The idea to create this blog comes from my frustrations at being bamboozled by auto repairmen who have worked on my 1999 Toyota 4 Runner. I have found that it is a fact that auto mechanics will try to "pull-one-over" on women and, in my case a female senior citizen. The frustrations that I've faced, attempts at trying to have errors corrected, having been given products that were not what I requested, have led me to this point. I'm tired of having to fight for honesty and very, very tired of being bamboozled. In my posts, I hope to reveal the kind of, what I call, pulling-one-over tactics I have faced. I hope that in this process, I will be lucky enough to find an honest mechanic who values each customer's loyalty and has regard for producing honest work.







Sunday, June 29, 2014

Ripped Off by Garage

My reason for having this Blog is that I usually get ripped off when I take my vehicle in for repair. It's happened again. I carefully looked for an approved AAA garage that appeared to have a good reputation. All seemed fine until one day when I was looking out the window and noticed that the rear wheels on the truck were really shiny. They have never been shiny. So I went outside, checked them closely and discovered that my original wheels had been replaced with damaged and painted over wheels. I'm livid!!!!! If the mechanic took them, I'm sure they are long gone by now. I'm hoping that AAA will intervene for me and get me Alloy, original wheels, from the garage and have them put on my truck. Also, I'm pretty sure I need new rear tires but was told that I don't by this garage. And, the other odd thing is that in the entire time that I've owned the SUV, the rear brakes have never been replaced. They were adjusted once and that's it. Thnking back on my visit at this garage, the salesman told me everything was fine as far as the rear brakes, tires, etc were concerned. I do beleive that he didn'g want me looking or focusing on the rear wheels.

Being a woman and, a senior female, they thought that they could pull one over on me and I wouldn't be the wiser. I know my vehicle really well and I told them as much. If they don't correct these problems then I will be on a mission to make certain that they are removed from the AAA approved garage list.

Update to follow after I talk with AAA.

No comments:

Post a Comment